EP Root Canal Specialists


What is the difference between an endodontist and a general dentist? Endodontists are dental specialists who undergo two or more years of specialized training beyond dental school. The field of Endodontics is to study, diagnose and treat the diseased pulp tissue (‘nerve tissue’) to prevent toothaches and eliminate infections.


How do you know if you need endodontic treatment? Some patients realize they should seek treatment when they experience the symptoms listed below:

  • Tooth or gum pain
  • Tooth discoloration
  • Prolonged sensitivity to hot or cold foods
  • Pus drainage in the mouth
  • ‘Pimple’ in the gum
  • Gum swelling
  • Swelling and tenderness around the face or lymph nodes

It’s better to avoid these uncomfortable symptoms altogether. Advanced x-rays are the best way to discover dental issues before they grow, so see your dentist regularly for exams.


Endodontists treat the pulp tissue (‘nerve’) of the tooth. If the pulp tissue has been infected with bacteria or damaged due to trauma, our endodontists can resolve the issue with a root canal or related procedures.

During a root canal therapy, your doctor will administer a local anesthetic. A rubber dam will be placed in your mouth to separate the affected tooth from the other teeth. The infection will then be excised and the area thoroughly cleansed. Finally, your doctor will seal the canals with antibacterial material.

Endodontic problems range in difficulty, therefore it is best to see a knowledgeable specialist. The doctors of EP Root Canal Specialists have the expertise to treat any endodontic difficulty.

Give us a call at the office today to schedule your appointment.